Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ungrateful gull on the bridge

I was driving to work a couple of weeks ago, and spotted this sea gull on the side of the bridge to Amelia Island. I thought it was an odd spot for a bird to be, so I turned around and crossed the bridge again, but decided it was too dangerous to stop on the bridge. So, I crossed again and parked at the foot of the bridge, and walked up near the top to the gull. (not fun in the August heat!). I got up to the gull, but right before I grabbed him he ran/flew into oncoming traffic. I just had to turn my head because there was a car coming that I was sure would hit him. Luckily, it didnt, and I was able to catch him. I carried him back down the bridge to my car, with him trying to peck me the whole time. Luckily I didnt have far to drive to work, because everytime I'd turn the wheel, he'd go right for my fingers! Talk about beign ungrateful to someone who saved your life! When I got it I put him in a carrier, and then we took him down to BEAKS where he could recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment